1. Work with administrators, faculty, trustees, students, and other stakeholders to ascertain the risks, rewards, and readiness to engage in deeper conversations about the college’s future.
2. Outline and explicate how new and existing revitalization ideas can dovetail to:
- engage high school students early in their careers to reach those who would not otherwise consider a liberal arts college;
- increase retention and heighten graduation rates, especially for first generation, working-class, and minority students by creating self-help networks as part of a greater ‘sense of community’ among students and their instructors;
- strengthen college-community partnerships through being a regional village commons institution.
- engage leading area businesses and organizations to align the liberal arts with essential career skills;